Privacy and Terms
Engaging Partners Pty Ltd ABN 79 633 677 344 (“Engaging” or “we or us”) is committed to providing you with the highest levels of professional service. This includes protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). We understand the importance placed on the privacy of your personal information.
This policy applies to all clients, customers, suppliers and prospective employees. This Policy does not apply to acts and practices of Engaging which relate directly to the employee records of Engaging’s current and former employees.
Collection of personal information
In order for you to access certain services and to order our products via our website, Engaging collects information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”).
Engaging collects Personal Information necessary to lawfully and ethically carry on its business or to recruit future employees.
Personal Information may include: (i) name, mailing and email addresses; (ii) residential address, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, hobbies and interests (iii) products you own, model numbers, date and place of purchase. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery (including goods ordered online);
- contact us for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Engaging;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our web site;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- express interest in a particular Engaging service; or
- submit a job application or résumé
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis, please tell us. If this is possible and lawful, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, we may not be able to provide the services or supply the product in question if we are not provided with the personal information requested.
We will not collect sensitive information from you. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information and includes, but is not limited to, information about your health, race or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union or association, or criminal record.
How do we use your personal information?
Engaging uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Engaging may share your Personal Information amongst Related Bodies Corporate of Engaging. Engaging also uses your Personal Information:
- to complete an order online via our website.
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
- to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster.
- for planning, product development or research purposes.
- to assist us in the recruitment of future employees.
We will not use your personal information in a manner contrary to the Privacy Act or this Policy.
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. We collect information through various means, including forms and questionnaires. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
In some situations we may also obtain personal information about you from a third party source. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information and the organisations to which we may disclose your information, subject to any exceptions under the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose it for related or ancillary purposes, such as for the development and marketing of our products and services. We guarantee that we will not provide your personal information to any third party, except as permitted under this Policy, the Privacy Act or by law.
We will only send Personal Information to third party organisations when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. to credit reporting agencies for the purposes of completing an application for credit submitted by you;
- we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Engaging Partners e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers); or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under Engaging’s custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure obligations.
Do we send information overseas?
We do not generally send personal information out of Australia. If you need us to send information to another country we will do so with your consent. If we are otherwise required to send information overseas we will either obtain your consent and/or take measures to protect your personal information. We will protect your personal information either by ensuring that the country of destination has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into arrangements with the recipient of your personal information that safeguards your privacy.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Should you wish to access this information, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to the correction or access of your personal information.
Security of your information
Engaging is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have a Complaints Policy for dealing with your privacy complaints. The purpose of the policy is to ensure that any person that has a complaint about the way their personal information is collected, used, disclosed, stored and administered by Engaging may lodge a complaint under the Complaints Policy. All complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with promptly. The Complaints Policy is our way of ensuring your privacy concerns are raised and addressed promptly. Our Complaints Policy can be accessed by contacting our Privacy Officer.
A person may use our website anonymously but any information which a person chooses to submit to us will be treated in accordance with this Policy.
Our internet service provider may record details of visits to our site and when visiting our site your visit may be logged and the following information collected:
- the visitor’s server address, domain name and browser type;
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the previous website visited;
- the user’s operating system; and
- the links followed from other sites to get to the current site.
The information listed above is collected for statistical and research purposes only and will only be utilised internally by Engaging.
How to contact us
If you would like more information on privacy or have any questions in relation to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer.
Address: Privacy Officer, Engaging Partners Pty Ltd, Suite 4 & 5, 66 Clark Road, North Sydney NSW Australia 2060
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 61 2 9954 3569